WELCOME TO THE HSPS MATH BLOG

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A MATH STORY

George Banana’s

         George the monkey loved bananas. Every day he climbed a tree and put ten bananas into his basket.
One day, an elephant stopped him on his way home. “It looks like you have ten bananas in your basket can I have one?” “Sure,” George said. “ If I give one I’ll still have nine.”
George walked along. Two birds chattered from a tree. ”Bananas, Bananas!” George reached on his tiptoes and gave a banana to each bird. Then he looked into his basket. “I had nine bananas and now I have two less. I still have seven bananas.”
George continued with his walk till herd of zebras rumbled by. One of the zebras turned and asked, “Do you have a snake?” George looked into his basket and said, “I have seven bananas I’ll give you four, and I’ll have three bananas left. ”George’s basket was starting to feel light. He was almost home when he ran into a big, scary, orange tiger. “If you're hungry,” George gulped, “I have three tasty bananas.” In one bite the tiger ate all three bananas and lumbered away.
George breathed a sigh of relief. He looked into his basket. “I had three bananas and the tiger ate all three. Now I got zero bananas” he said.
George’s stomach grumbles. At that moment another monkey walked up with his own basket of bananas. George looked up hopefully. “You wouldn’t mind if we share your bananas?” The other monkey reached into his basket and gave George some of his bananas.
The end


No comments:

Post a Comment